Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Lou

Lucy was born when Trip was 28 months old. She is my little "freebie" child where everything has been easy. It was easy being pregnant with her. It had been long enough since I was expecting that I really enjoyed feeling her move and seeing myself growing. And she was an easy baby. With the first 2 kids I worried about everything and second guessed my parenting style. But with Lucy I was confident in my mothering style-nursing, co-sleeping and wearing my baby. Lucy seemed to be this quiet little baby I was growing like a house plant on the side. When she needed something I would meet her need and then she was content again while I took care of the other 2 kids. I also take a strange delight in her food preferences. She is my first child who seems to have similar tastes to me. I really got a kick out of taking her down in the garden this summer and eating cherry tomatoes off the vine... and she eats eggplant too. What an angel. She is almost 2 now and going through the terrible realization of her independence and that she can tell mom 'no' if she wants to. But I anticipate that when this passes she will return to her content, easy baby self

No comments:

Post a Comment