Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Grace Elizabeth


Grace was the beginning of everything. She is the reason we have (almost) 4 kids in about 6 years. When Keith and I got married I thought that we would conceive right away, but after a year and a half of trying and a miscarriage I realized that fertility is a gift. Every child is a miracle and we are not entitled to have children just because we want them. When we did find out that we were having a baby girl I knew her name would be Grace which means a gift from God. She taught me to be thankful for the gift of being a mom. Well, then she was born! I will always remember looking at her the first day and thinking that she had just come from God and was the closest thing I will ever see to the beauty that God has in store for us. I held her and felt the weight that she had a soul inside of her that Keith and I were responsible for. We now had a mission to return this child to God who trusted us to show her the way to Him. Grace needs us to teach her what love is so that she can love God and others. We must be trust worthy so that she can trust. We must have faith to allow her faith to grow. It takes effort everyday and continual growth to try to be the mom that my kids need me to be.


Grace is a beautiful child. She is the kind of person that makes the best kind of friend. She really wants others to be happy and tries to think about others. She enjoys any kind of game.... though she does tend to push for Barbies. She always has a story to tell and there is never an end to her interest in all things. She loves dancing... and wrestling. She loves art... and math. She wants to be a mom... and a police officer. Grace is the one who keep stretching my heart. As she grows older so quickly I see how I must be growing MORE quickly. She makes me want to be better so that my Grace can have the kind of mom I would want her to have. I can't believe that she is almost 6 which means she is almost through with 1/3 of the time I will have her under my roof. I don't want to regret any missed opportunities to make memories and teach her the things I think she should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment