Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Dear children, please be mediocre parents


.
Dear children, it would please your mother very much to see you grow up to be mediocre parents.  I would like grand kids who squirm at church, laugh too loud and show up to grandma's with a shirt on backwards, maybe mismatched socks. I would like them to talk too much and fight with each other.  I would also like to attend totally uncoordinated birthday parties with just lots of kids running around and having a fun time. I want you to have old junky furniture and stains on the carpet where the kids got in the paint or dumped cool aid. I want my grand kids to be successful.... at loving, at sacrificing, and at laughing.
 
Please don't wait to have kids till you can give them the "perfect" life.  You are really just getting them started on life.  God is going to do most of the work.  But have them, even if you can't give them the picture perfect life that society tell us we owe our kids.  The perfect and amazing moments will happen anyway.  If you look for them you will realize that you are showered with moments of love, sweetness, humor, and sacrifice.  Life is beautiful and it will be more beautiful if you don't waste all your time and energy trying to make it so.


 

 Life is a gift.   It take too much time and energy to have a "perfect" life. Maybe I am wrong about this one, but I have a feeling that more good will be done in the world by having all you kids than if I had stopped at 2 and made your lives "perfect".   I want you to ENJOY your kids.   Kids need  parents who delight in them, not picture perfect childhoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment